Friday 23 November 2012

Back of Playing Card

For my playing card back, I decided to colour shapes in the style of Jamie Reid's work. I started with circles but I thought it didn't work, so I started again with polygons. To achieve this, I made the polygons different colours, then overlapped parts and corners of the shapes, and then made the overlapping different to achieve different effects. 

By doing this, different parts of the shapes turned different colours. For example, on the above, there is a dark purple polygon which is half blue.

This is to show how to change to effects. Highlighted on the above picture is 'polygon 2' and in the drop down bar above, it says 'difference', which produces a different effect.


On this one, 'polygon 35' worked best with 'darker colour', and this made it darker, which made the ones it overlapped have a darker colour when it was a light shape where it wasn't overlapped.

I captured this corner of my design because I thought the colours overlapping in this section were strong. I also liked the colours used and how it looks overlapped.

To finish, I added the Tom Prince Cancer Trust logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment