Thursday 24 January 2013

Jack and Jill Workshop

I really think my storyboard works for showing off Jack and Jill because of the symbols I have used.
For Jack and Jill, I have kept it simple, to a symbol of a boy and a symbol of a girl. This is because it is easy to distinguish who is who, whereas I feel that if I had used animals, it would be easy to forget which animal represented who. In the first frame, I have cut out a shape to be the sun to symbolise that the beginning is happy. I am going to add bright colours, such as blue for the sky, green for the grass etc...
For the second frame, Jack and Jill are climbing a hill. For this, I have enlarged some snakes and cut them in half and stuck them next to each other to show a hill shape. I have then used arrows pointing up. I think it works because it does look like they are climbing up a hill.
For the third frame, I have used a fire hydrant and some shapes to make a bucket. I then found a symbol and had it copied to make a wave effect. This will work for water in the bucket because it will look like proper water when it is coloured in different shades of blue.
The fourth frame shows Jack falling down the hill. This frame works because it has the same design as the second frame, so it shows consistency and people would know that is the hill.
For the fifth frame, I have cut a crown in half so it looks broken. To show a change of emotion from the first frame, I have used exclamation marks and the '@' sign, because when making 'smileys' on the computer, the '@' sign is used to make an angry face.
I think my storyboard works because it is consistent and the same symbols are used for each part, so nothing looks out of place.



No comments:

Post a Comment