Thursday 28 March 2013

Final Designs finished

When I scanned my work into Photoshop, I had to redo the outlines. To do this, I started by adjusting the threshold, however, this didn't work as well as I had hoped, so I used a paintbrush to make the lines bolder. I then used the paint bucket and paint brush to colour in the drawings. When this was finished, I focused on the font of the writing.
Originally for this, I had just out a normal font in a box at the top, but it didn't look very effective. This is when I went into Illustrator and focused on making the text stand out.
After this, I felt that frames 4 and 6 weren't as effective as the rest. This was because the drawings were central to the page, whereas the rest of the frames all had backgrounds. So, I added in lines in the shapes of buildings and coloured grey. I then added in grass, and water on the last frame, and just grass in the 4th frame.
To finish off, I added in shadows to the people, the fish, the trees and the ball to add more detail. To do this, I used to 'polygonal lasso' tool to create where the shadow would go. Then I used the gradient tool to colour it in. On the fish, this didn't look great, so I then added a blur on this, to go with the effect of the fish.

Here are the finished designs:







No comments:

Post a Comment